Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lesson learned.

This one I regret but it was a lesson learned (by all involved). We had driven in to our neighborhood coming home from church and as when came around the (randomly placed) median I looked in the rear view mirror to see Cameron sprawled across the top of the back seat like a cat on a window sill. Well I was fed up with the disobedience of unbuckling the seat belt while I am driving. So I hit the brakes HARD. I should have looked at everyone else in the car before making that snap decision. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Caitlin flying face first into the back of the front seat. My first thought was oh great I probably just broke her nose. I pulled over and walked around the van feeling like the worst parent in the world to check on her. Thankfully God watches out for fools and idiots (and I fit both categories on occasion) so she was fine, in some pain and scared, but fine. I let her sleep with me so that I could keep tabs on her thru the night (just in case). This is where I figure I did my penance because she sleeps all over the bed. Therefore, I slept very little on any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment